Do you want to feel more confident when you sit down and write your academic assignments in English? Join the EAL Coordinator from Student Academic Success Services (SASS) and Intercultural Academic Support Coordinator (IASC) weekly as they facilitate a session where you can practice with models, ask questions, explore conventions, negotiate meaning, and engage with grammar in context.
* Tuesday, Jan. 19 - Writing Critically: How do I show analysis and critical thinking in my writing?
* Tuesday, Jan. 26 - Connectors: How do I connect words, ideas, and sentences with words like “but” and “however”?
* Tuesday, Feb. 2 - Sentence Variety: How do I highlight my ideas using different types of sentences?
* Tuesday, Feb. 9 - Participles: How do I use –ing and –ed words to describe things?
* Tuesday, Feb. 16 - Reading Week Drop-in: Come by and ask questions about academic writing.
* Tuesday, Feb. 23 - Topic Sentences: How do I start my paragraphs?
* Tuesday, March 2 - Adverbs: How do I choose appropriate modifiers and where do I put them?
* Tuesday, March 9 - Verb Tenses: How do I know which verb tense to use in my writing?
* Tuesday, March 16 - Punctuation: How do I use punctuation to make my writing better?
* Tuesday, March 23 - Overview of Write Nights Topics: Recap of topics and chance to ask questions.
Please note: This registration is for the Tuesday session. The same topics are repeated in both Tuesday and Thursday sessions.